Rosetta Hill was once part of the 2000 acre estate promised to Samuel Terry in 1817. Terry was a convict who was transported to Australia for stealing 400 pairs of stockings and on his death, was the richest man in the colony. In 1821 he received his grant of land from Governor Macquarie which he called Terry's Meadows (now Albion Park). Rosetta Hill was named after Terry's wife, Rosetta.
In 1884 Gabriel Timbs, an important member of the Albion Park community, purchased the property and built the home which remains today. Gabriel gave much to the township in the late 1800s and constructed many shops and public buildings in the main street. He served as Alderman on Shellharbour Municipal Council 1876-1883. He had 21 children and many of his descendants still live in the area today.
|Rosetta Hill homestead at Albion Park c.2003.|
Tongarra Museum collection.
|View north from Mount Terry at Albion Park 1995.|
The farm in the distance is Rosetta Hill.
Shellharbour Images, Shellharbour City Libraries.